The front wall of the trunk was not parallel with the trunk opening. The driver side angled about 1/2 inch forward. So therefore the hinges can't be the same or you will have to put a spacer under the driver side support or maybe make a new support. It seemed easer to me to bend the hinges. However, making a new hinge support would make for a better look.
Also the hinge support needed to be as high as possible. So as you can see in the picture above the support is hitting the top of the trunk.
In order to get more height, I rounder off the corner of the support.
I had already powder coated the hinges. So when I heated them up for bending, the powder coating melted. No big deal if you are doing the powder coating, just blast them off and redo them.
Here you can see the blue tape I use to locate the hinge support.
After adjusting the trunk lid by bending the hinges, it should be as even with the body as possible.
Also the gap around the trunk should be as even as possible.
Here you can see a rope I used to lift the lid up as I made adjustments.
Later using Bondo, I will tighten, blend, and even the gap of the lid with the body.