I did like the seats that came in the "StreetBeast Kit" (Man I hate call this a kit). So I selected some seats made by Procar, Rally Series 1000. I ordered them from Jegs at a cost of $301.99 each. I know they are expensive but I figure I've gone this far, no point in cutting corners now.
These new seats have an added safety factor; a headrest. The most important thing I like about them is that they recline.
The old seats did come with upholstery although it is not shown in the pictures below. You can see the StreetBeast seat on the passenger side below.
The new seats came with some nice slides.
This shows how to connect the slides together.
Here I am putting a 1 x 2 steel tubing in place to mount the seats to.
I made four brackets to mount the seats to the floor. I took special care to make sure all holes had the exact same spacing so that I could mix the locations of the brackets.
Here the brackets are attached to the seats.
I drilled the two front mounting holes and then after putting bolts in them I drilled the rear holes.
After drilling all holes, I powder coated the new brackets and will set the seats aside until time for the final assembly.